I am in my late 40's and more than ever want to do everything I can to slow the aging process. So I go to the gym regularly to stay in shape, but my diet is also very important to me. As you maybe well know, 'you are what you eat'...
Having the right nutrients means our bodies can function optimally, minimise injury and heal better.
I'm sure most of you have heard about anti-aging nutrients, but probably not really sure what foods these are in.
So if you are in your 40s, 50s, or even 70s and want to defy each passing year while promoting more youthful hair, nails and skin, and just generally feel better and have more energy, the below 7 foods will help you stock up on some of the most powerful anti-aging nutrients around.
7 Anti-Aging Foods Everyone over 40 Should Eat
1. Olive Oil - Not only do the monounsaturated fats contained in olive oil support healthy arteries and a healthy heart, but olive oil also contains polyphenols, a potent anti-oxidant that may help prevent a number of age-related diseases. We recommend organic extra virgin olive oil for the most anti-aging bang for your buck.
2. Red Wine - That's right, a glass of wine daily may indeed have a positive effect on your health due to its resveratrol content, a unique anti-oxidant that can help fight against diabetes, heart disease, and age-related memory loss.
3. Beans - The unique proteins in beans thicken and strengthen your hair cells, so you can enjoy a full head of hair as you lengthen your years. 🙂
4. Brazil Nuts - Brazil nuts are rich in selenium, a mineral which aids in the production of the anti-oxidant glutathione to help slow down the skin aging process. Just 2 nuts a day will provide you with enough selenium to reap its anti-aging benefits.
5. Tomatoes - Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, which has been shown to support heart health and healthy cholesterol levels as you age. Lycopene also acts as a natural sun block to keep skin youthful and protected from harmful UV rays.
6. Raspberries & Blueberries - These two berries contain important anti-oxidants to help offset inflammation and oxidative stress that contribute to skin aging and wrinkles. Just one serving of either or these berries contains more anti-oxidants than 10 servings of most other fruits and vegetables!
7. Organic Eggs - Despite the bad rap eggs get because of their cholesterol content, which is based on completely erroneous science, eggs are rich in biotin and iron which help to promote healthy, youthful skin and hair.
Now, those are 7 foods you SHOULD be eating, but did you know that due to exposure to an array of common foods, beverages, and over-the-counter medicines, 9 out of 10 people's guts have been infested with toxic, parasitic bacteria that is DESTROYING their health, accelerating aging, and making it virtually impossible for them to drop fat from their biggest problem areas...and that very likely means you.
Fortunately a colleague, Joel from BioTrust Nutrition, has put together a quick presentation for you, showing a 2 minute "cleanse" that you can perform today, almost without thinking, to correct this dangerous imbalance...